Income tax refund will be issued by the department of income tax subject to when your tax paid is higher than tax liability.
There are few reasons why you haven’t received your income tax refund
- After filing your income tax return you have to send signed ITR-V copy to Bangalore CPC or you have to do E-verification through net banking.
- The income tax department takes time to process your refund and make sure that you would have sent your ITR-V within 120 days from the date of e-filing.
- The communication address updated by you is incorrect. You need to update your current communication address to receive refund cheque from the income tax department.
- Sometimes your refund was failed due to incorrect bank details updated by you, hence you should update your bank account details correctly such as bank IFSC code, bank name and account number while filing of return.
- Sometimes you may forget to include some deductions while filing income tax return, which will leads to no refund for the financial year.
- The IT department will ask you additional information or supporting documents to process your refund.
Check income tax refund status online
Visit this website
Enter permanent account number (PAN)
Click on drop down and select assessment year
Enter captcha code as shown in the image
Click on submit